Afterwards we headed downtown to do some sight-seeing. Although it was chilly we were fortunate the weather wasn’t too cold. We lucked out and found two parking spaces just a couple cars apart (which isn’t easy to do in downtown DC on a Saturday!). Then we got out the stroller & baby carrier, loaded up the boys and headed off to the museums. Don’t you just love the picture of Jeff with all three boys?
Kimber and I switched off pushing Jacob and Caleb in the stoller (after all 
We decided to go to the museum of natural history and the boys absolutely loved it! There were dinosaur bones, animals, insects, fish, rocks & gems, etc. I think they’re favorite was seeing all the huge dinosaur bones, but Jacob did tell me that he was disappointed that there weren’t any real dinosaurs. After explaining that if there WERE real dinosaurs, they would probably eat him, Jacob decided he was happy looking at their skeletons instead!
Caleb was just enjoying taking everything in. They enjoyed looking at everything with the exception of the “Gems & Rocks” section where they started to get a little impatient. I would have liked to spend a little more time in that section, but they didn’t quite have the interest for all the beautiful stones & jewelry. (See how happy they are? :)
Matthew was a great trooper! He was happy the whole time, took his bottle great, and even fell asleep by the end of the trip. Those museums are absolutely amazing! We spent a few hours there and didn’t even come close to covering the whole thing, and what we did see was pretty quick. We finally headed back around 
The trip was so much fun, and although you get home tired, and still needing to prepare for Sunday, it was great. My favorite parts are definitely being at the temple, and also just having the time to spend with family. It was so fun to spend time with Kimberly & Mike again; even though we’re so far away from family, it doesn’t seem quite so lonely knowing they’re just a few hours away, we love getting together with them! And I love having the time with Jeff on the long drives. We haven’t done as many road trips lately, Jeff’s schedule is way too busy for that!, but we sure enjoy them. It’s a great time to be able to sit and talk together without distractions. I love it when they boys fall asleep and it’s just the two of us talking & laughing together. We enjoy the time when the boys are awake too, we have some fun conversations together!
Anyway, it was a fun trip and I’m so grateful we were able to go and spend the day together. Thanks again to Kimber & Mike, we had a blast!
7 comments:
Looks like you had a fun trip. We took Berlynn to the Natural History Museum a few months ago and she loved it too.
I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had such a fun time. We were planning on doing the same thing...going to the temple early and then touring DC. Unfortunately, due to some sickies in our family, we didn't make it down. Thanks for the post, though...it makes me feel like I went anyway and had a great time!
How fun! We did that not too long ago. I agree, it's exhausting, but worth it. I think it's too bad the younger kids won't really remember it when we move back west, but we have the pictures, right?
Sounds like a great trip! You guys do look like a happy family on vacation!
I LOVE DC! It's always a fun and tiring day. Jon and I always say that when Avery and Hunter get older...we'll go back and show them where they were born...and visit all our favorite spots (DC, NYC, etc.). You're family is SO cute!
Hey it looks like you had a great time! I love doing fun day trips like that.
What a fun trip. We still haven't done any sightseeing in D.C. I love the story about Jacob and "real" dinos :) so cute!
Post a Comment