I learned a great life lesson this week...
This

Plus This

Equals This

FORTUNATELY....
Putting your cell phone in this
Inside of This
Equals This
So to tell the whole story, earlier this week I was cleaning the toilet. I had my cell phone in the pocket of my jacket and the rest is history. It came back to life for a minute and then completely died. I, being smart, decide to try and turn it back on again. (I learn later that's a no-no) Luckily it didn't completely ruin the phone. So having had a friend who experienced the same thing not too long ago I knew to first of all take out the SIM card and the battery. Then after doing a little research on the internet I learned that the best thing you can do it put your cell phone in a bowl of uncooked rice- apparently the rice draws out the moisture. Then I put the cell phone and the rice inside of our gas oven. Apparently even when it's off, the inside of a gas oven is a great place for things to dry. I was worried it wasn't going to work, especially since the LCD screen and front window on the phone were already foggy with moisture (And since I-so ingeniously- had already attempted to turn it on again-twice) I figured it was worth a shot though. So after a couple days and many prayers today was the day to see if it worked and I'm happy to report that I now have a phone again. It even saved all the messages that were left during it's resurrection! I'm counting my blessings on this one.
Life Lesson Learned: Don't clean your toilet with your Cell Phone in your pocket
7 comments:
interesting, I would never have thought that would work. I would have just given up
Hmmm, I'll have to remember that rice trick. I think I could write a short book on the adventures of my cell phone. This is why I don't spring for super flashy and expensive ones. They are just going to end up being smashed, dropped, and drooled on. Congrats on it all working out! Amazing!
Hooray! Somehow mine got wet and turns itself off randomly all the time, it's probably too late to try the rice and oven trick - bummer!
who knew?! I'm glad you got it back!
Gee I could have used that info a long time ago! Probably 3 phones ago!
That is so incredibly random!! Lucy is fascinated by the toilet these days, as well as my cell phone, so I'm really going to have to remember that one!!
Wow, I wish I had known that. I got my cell phone all wet last Sunday, and it started calling the last number that had called randomly!! I would pick it up, but could hear nothing. None of the buttons worked, so to make it stop I had to take out the battery. What makes it even more hysterical was that the last number that called was the Bishop's office, so it kept calling during their Sunday meetings! They thought it was an older person who just couldn't get the number right. I was so embarrassed when I found out!
Post a Comment