Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Matthew's Stats and Weather Update


Today was Matthew's 2 month dr's visit. I know we're a little late, but somehow he wasn't added to the insurance until 2008 started, so we had to wait until after the new year. Anyway, the appointment went pretty well. He weighed in at 12 pounds 14 ounces and was 24 inches long, he's really starting to get big! I can sure feel it after carrying him around in his car seat for a while! And he's now in size 2 diapers. He had to get a couple immunizations today, which is never fun, but he was a brave boy and did pretty well. Side note: I don't think I've ever seen a 2 month old baby as determined to try and turn over as Matthew. He already, when laying on his back, is twisting and moving around trying to get to his tummy. He will even spin partial circles. He usually does it when he's trying to watch Jacob & Caleb. He's sure funny, and I don't imagine it will take him too long.
After the appointment & running a few errands with Caleb and Matthew, we picked up Jacob from preschool, had a quick lunch and went to the park. Would you believe that on January 8th in Philadelphia it is a fantastic 66 degree sunny day? It was absolutely beautiful and so nice to take the kids to the part without having to be all bundled up. Matthew especially seemed to love being outside.
I'm hoping the weather lasts for a while, I have to keep reminding myself though that after all it is January and chances are, the normal 'winter weather' will return sometime soon. Oh well, we'll enjoy the sun while we can!

3 comments:

Cathie said...

He is getting so big. What a cute baby! I am coveting that 66 degrees - we are definitely freezing here in Utah - I don't know the degrees, but it hurts to go outside! Enjoy the sun for me!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big your little guy is getting. He is so cute. I'm glad you've also been enjoying the Philly weather. I just hope it sticks around!

sara cardon said...

Too bad the weather is turning South fast...yuck!! Matthew sure looks bigger-- and SO cute!! I think the worst part about being a mom is the dr. visits, well, at least the ones with immunizations. I HATE watching when they don't even know what's coming!!