Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know I'm late on this, but our internet was having issues. Anyway, I'm excited for this new year. I can't believe it's 2008, I feel as though I'm just starting to get the hang of writing 2006, not even 2007. I have a feeling that this year is going to fly by as well.

We of course have our goals and resolutions for the year, nothing too overly zealous or exciting. I want to read my scriptures every day this year (and so far I've had a perfect year!:).

Jeff and I would both like to be in better shape; not necessarily loosing weight-Jeff's even trying to gain some, but exercising more often and eating better. With these goals I've been starting to do more weight lifting. In the past I've mainly focused on cardio- mostly running, etc but I'm finding that I enjoy doing the weightlifting in addition to all the cardio. I'd love to do another marathon/half marathon as well. As far as eating healthier, it's not a huge change, we're fairly healthy eaters, but it just includes incorporating more whole grains, brown rice, less fat etc. We actually started back in December and it's been great. We use our wheat grinder more often and look for healthier ways to make our food. Of course Jacob and Caleb aren't as excited that Mommy isn't making cookies as often, but they love having lots of fruit around the house too.

Another goal I have for this year is getting Caleb potty-trained. I haven't wanted to think about it much lately, it's just another thing to add to the list, but I'd really like to get it done. Jacob was potty-trained two weeks after his 2nd birthday, so we're a little slow with Caleb but I'm sure we'll get it done. Good thing we have a whole year for our goals because it just might take a year with Caleb's stubbornness!

Anyway, there are lots of great things coming up this year, the summer Olympics, the presidential race. We're even starting pretty early with my sister Kristie getting married in February to Thomas McConnon. I'm super excited to be flying back home for that!

More than anything I just feel so grateful to be where I am with such wonderful family & a husband and children that I love and who love me. Life has it's difficult times, but you sure have to learn to enjoy every minute because, as we're all witnesses to, life really goes by fast. If you don't take time to enjoy, it'll be gone before you know it.

Here's to hoping that 2008 is better than ever!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Happy New Year! I love the new family Picture. So Cute!

jor said...

On that running note...Melissa Wilson is running a half in April and there is a chance I might be doing one in March. If you are interested :)