Monday, January 28, 2008

Past Week of Parties & Fun

This week seemed like the week of parties! On Wednesday the 23rd we had a playgroup party for all the kids who have a birthday in January. I had actually forgotten that it was on the 23rd, for some reason I was thinking it was the 30th. Luckily I checked my e-mail early that morning and whipped out some rice krispy treats, got everyone ready quickly and walked over to the playgroup. Another blessing- Jeff had the car that day, which also had the stroller & baby carrier inside. Luckily the party was held at the apartment complex down a ways, and across the street. I held Matthew and put the treats in a bag, then held Caleb’s hand and we all had a nice walk over. The party was fun. A big thanks to Jordan for letting everyone use her home. There were tons of kids, but everyone had a fun time and Jacob loved having people sing happy birthday to him. I forgot my camera but luckily someone else remembered.

On Wednesday night Jacob’s preschool had it’s ‘Dad & Donuts’ night. It was a fun night where Jeff got to go with Jacob to his preschool for an evening of fun, games & of course donuts! It was fun for Jeff to be able to see the preschool and some of the things they do there. Jacob was so excited and was talking about it all week. They even made these cute little frames and had their picture taken together. Jacob especially loves having an opportunity to do fun things with Daddy. They had a great time. Caleb, Matthew and I enjoyed an evening at home and even had a special treat ourselves.

Friday night was the ward “Paper Bowl Party.” However, I needed more room and had lots of pictures so this one needed its own post…see next post…

Saturday morning the Primary had its first Primary activity. Jacob was so excited the previous week at church when he got the invitation for a pajama party. The night before I was wondering what pajamas he should wear; he’s grown out of all his ‘real’ pajamas so he usually just wears boxers and a t-shirt to bed. Luckily I remembered that Grandma Stevens sent him a new pair of pajamas for his birthday, so Saturday morning we let Jacob open a present early to get his brand new pair of camo pajamas. He was very excited. The activity was great, it was a ‘plan of salvation’ based activity with lots of fun and games included. They played musical chairs, and had donuts and juice at the end. Jacob sure enjoyed it. It was fun for me to take him alone; and afterwards we stopped at the store to pick out a few more things for his birthday; we got some ice cream, wrapping paper, balloons, etc. It was a nice little outings just for Mom and Jacob. The rest of Saturday was spent doing chores, etc. Saturday night Jacob and Caleb got to have some friends over. We watched kids while our friends went out on a date. We’re looking forward to our date night next week, and Jacob & Caleb had a ton of fun with their friends Ben and Seth.

No comments: