Monday, January 28, 2008

Jacob's 4th Birthday

Today was Jacob’s 4th birthday. I think I was as happy as he was (and not just because he would ask me EVERY day how many days until his birthday and EVERY day if he could open his presents yet). It was really a fun day to celebrate.

To start the day off, Jacob had decided a week earlier that he wanted rice pudding for breakfast so we topped it off with some candles and sang happy birthday to him. I also let him pick one present to open that morning, he picked a song book from Grandma & Grandpa Stevens.

We pretty much did things at home, letting Jacob choose different games/activities that he wanted to do- playing with dinosaurs, reading books, and watching a movie. Nothing too exciting, but we had a lot of fun. I especially love playing dinosaurs with Jacob & Caleb- they get all of them out; we line them up and can play for hours.

For dinner Jacob wanted pizza so I made some yummy homemade pizza and finished up his birthday cake- a delicious 4 layer ice cream cake. (And don't you just love the food on his face? I still don't know how I missed that before all the pictures!)

Finally when Jeff got home we had dinner and opened presents- the time Jacob had been waiting for all day! He had a great time and really got some fun things from Mom & Dad, and the Grandparents including: a piggy bank, books, clothes, lots of cars, a semi loader truck, the Mac truck from the movie Cars, a big carpet that looks like a road to drive the cars on, a soccer ball, football, some games & a puzzle. He also loved the birthday cards that were sent and the fun phone calls from family members.

It was sure fun to celebrate Jacob’s birthday; we had a fun day and I still can’t believe he’s already four. Seems like yesterday…

Happy Birthday Jacob!

No comments: