Monday, January 14, 2008

It's Official...for a couple months now!

Photos Coming...

I'm a little slow adding the exciting news, it actually occurred on October 27th, but I'm excited about it anyway.

Well it's official, Kristie is engaged to Thomas McConnon! He proposed to her on October 27th, 2007 on her 22nd birthday. We all couldn't be more excited. They've been dating for a while now and everyone just loves Tom. He is from Boston, Massachusetts and they met down at BYU. It's pretty cute actually. Kristie was a cheerleader and Tom was Cosmo BYU's mascot. (Hopefully it's okay to reveal that now that he's graduated & isn't the mascot anymore!) Anyway, they are so cute together and we're all so excited for them.
They'll be getting married on Friday, February 15th in the Salt Lake Temple. The best part of all is that we get to go! Yea!! We'll be flying to Boise on Tuesday night before the wedding and will get to stay until the following Tuesday. It's only a week and I wish it was longer, but Jeff can only take a week off of work; at least we'll enjoy the time while we're there.
I had played with the idea of staying longer and just flying back by myself, but really... flying by myself with OUR three boys ages 3 and under including a 4 month old baby? It might work if the flight was shorter, but Boise to Philadelphia has at least 1 layover and is about 10 hours at the shorter end of the spectrum with all the time at the airport, layovers, etc. It sounded about as fun as getting your teeth drilled without anesthesia (Which on a side note, I have experienced...the Dentist's words were "Oh, it shouldn't hurt too much...It's small and it'll be quick") Anyway, long story short. I decided this would be a fun week trip and maybe in the future when and if we fly out again, I'll make it a longer trip.
We are so happy for Tom and Kristie and also super excited to finally have a week vacation. It's been a while and work and life have been busy! I think the winter doldrums are a chronic problem for many people and a vacation is just what the doctor ordered. (literally... thank you Dr Stevens!) Anyway, I'm super excited and counting down the days until we get to fly out for Kristie & Tom's wedding. Only 29 days left!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

That's great that you get to go to the wedding...it's just not any fun to miss out on things like that! I just have to say that you should find a new dentist...I happen to know a great one that would never do/say something like that ;)

Caity said...

That is so exciting! You know what is so funny about that? I'M going to be at THE SALT LAKE TEMPLE the SAME day for Drew's sealing to his wife! AND then my brother Steve gets married the next day! So...maybe I'll see you there! That would be so cool!

Caity said...

I like your new header. Very cute!

sara cardon said...

Yea for a trip to Boise!! It is certainly a well deserved break for you-- and I am totally with you on the winter doldrums and cabin fever reaching their zenith in January. Blech. Have fun and give my regards to Idaho!!