Jacob has always had a love for food! From the time he was born he had to nurse every 2-3 hours for about 45 minutes. Needless to say I spent a lot of time on the couch his first couple of months. He immediately took to baby food when it was introduced right at 4 months (a week before he turned 4 months, he was already
Now, at 3 years and 362 days (Jacob will be 4 on Monday) Jacob will literally eat more than I do!
Here is an example of a typical day:
Jacob wakes up and is hungry for breakfast at
Dinner time I usually give him portions just slightly smaller than mine, and he usually finishes off everything and sometimes wants seconds. And of course he’s always game for dessert afterwards. (or a couple desserts!)

(Side note: I think Jacob gets his love of food from Jeff. It was so funny when we were reading through Jeff's old journals; especially those from junior high and high school. In almost every entry, no fail, he talks about the food he had that day in some form or other.)
Caleb can also be a good eater if he’s in the mood. This morning he also had a piece of French toast, a small bowl of oatmeal & some cereal. But with him, it completely depends on his mood. He still loves to drink milk and sometimes prefers that to food, which can cause some interesting battle of the wills! Mainly because it’s not healthy, but also because milk is almost $4 a gallon!
I feel like I spend most of my day in the kitchen preparing something or getting food for both Jacob and Caleb! Really though, it would be interesting to see a break down of the minutes of my day into each room of the house; I bet I spend a great deal of it in the kitchen!
In all actuality I am grateful that the boys eat well, especially since they’re pretty fond of fruits and vegetables and healthy food. It’ll be fun to see how Matthew does when we introduce solid foods in a month or so.
Anyway, I’m a little nervous at this point. Nervous about how high our grocery bill will be when we have three teenage boys! It’s already a little tricky to really keep the grocery budget. Good thing Jeff will be a practicing doctor at that point because we’re going to need that salary just to keep food in the fridge!
5 comments:
I can't believe he eats so much! He's like a grown man in a little boy's body!! That's a amazing!
Holy Cow!! That is awesome how much he eats...I'd be worried too about when he is a teenager :)
WOW!! Who would have thought such a little body could hold so much food?? He must have a lot of energy to burn all those calories-- I wish he would get Lucy to eat something...anything besides hot dogs!!:)
I love your hungry boys! I completely bond with them because that's how I do and love to eat. Snacking all the time and real meals with seconds!
That is too funny! He has me beat! I wish Emma would eat more. I can barely get her to eat all her food most of the time.
Post a Comment