
We received the sad news this evening. President Gordon B. Hinckley has passed away. I don't know if anyone can truly express the feelings that come when a prophet dies; especially one such as President Gordon B. Hinckley. He has been the prophet ever since I was 10 years old; he is the only one that my children know as the president of the church. His accomplishments have been tremendous, the lives he's touched innumerable. His legacy will live on for generations. I know Heavenly Father works in wondrous ways and our new prophet will be the one who is meant to guide and direct our church for this time; he will have the authority to lead and guide the church, and will continue the work. At the same time, one can't help but miss our beloved President Hinckley, his loving personality, his deep spiritual character, and his charm and delightful sense of humor. I know that he is in a much better place, and feeling joy beyond measure being able to be reunited with his beloved Marjorie. Goodbye President Hinckley, you will be greatly missed and long remembered.
1 comment:
It is so sad for us-- but also such a happy thought to think of him finally being able to be with his wife again. I am so thankful for the time he was here, too!!
Post a Comment