Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter

It's definitely winter here. Many days will look like the picture I took a couple weeks ago at about 8am when the boys were headed to school (Current temperature: -5, feels like -20, with a high of 2 degrees (which still ended up with a 'feels like' temperature of -10)
The weather is cold! However, it's the wind that really makes you feel the chill. I love the winter cold advisory- telling you to take care in the weather because frostbite can occur in a matter of minutes. I definitely believe it!
Fortunately this winter has been abnormally mild and warm compared to years past. Apparently most winters, there will be many days down at -40 and many days that will never even come close to reach 0 degrees. We also haven't had much snow at all this year. That's probably good because once the snow lands, it stays cold enough that it doesn't melt until Spring. I'm definitely happy with a more mild winter!
We have had some really beautiful weather this winter. One morning we awoke to a a beautiful layer of frost that covered everything in sight. A 'winter wonderland' seemed to be a perfect description, even though the temperature was well below zero. By noon, with the sun shining, the frost was gone, but it was fun to see it while it lasted!



No comments: