As usual, Jeff's employer did a fantastic job putting on the evening. We first had a social hour with all sorts of hors d'oeuvres and drinks, followed by a dinner with filet mignon, marinated grilled chicken, rolls, and fresh vegetables. During this time, there were some presentations on company business, financial information, etc. I love that everything is always opened with prayer and once again, we were both filled with such a feeling of gratitude to be part of such a wonderful, amazing company. Jeff loves his job, and it's easy to see why.
After the speakers and presentations, mini chocolate mousse trifle desserts were served and the evening of entertainment began. It was an evening of 'magic' and we had a pretty impressive magician. We loved watching his acts- he was excellent! That is, until he needed a volunteer.
We specifically sat well in the back, but the magician came down from the stage and you know when you just have that feeling that you know you're going to be chosen? Well, somehow I just KNEW I was going to be chosen out of that group of 200+ people. Sure enough, he came back to our table and I found myself as the next not-so-willing volunteer.
I guess it wasn't too horrible, I helped him do a couple of tricks, felt dumb being up in front of such a big crowd, and finally got to go sit down again after about 20 minutes. But because it is such a close-knit company, I was sure people were going to remember. And sure enough, about a week later, Jeff got a call from another physician who had questions about a patient with an eye emergency. They talked for a while but before they hung up, the doctor asked Jeff if his wife was the one who had been the volunteer during the magic show. I joked with Jeff that he would forever be known as the doctor with the wife in the magic show. At least we had a fun evening out together and I did get a pretty cool magic book for participating- the boys have loved it!



1 comment:
Of course you will be remembered! It's impossible to forget a beautiful face :) That dessert sounds SO good!
Post a Comment