Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome to Scouts

With Jacob turning 8 this month, not only will he be able to be baptized, he will also get to start his highly-anticipated, long-awaited entrance into the scouting program. He has been so excited! We were invited to come to the den meeting a couple days before his birthday to be officially welcomed to the program. Jeff teaches institute the same night as scouts, so he couldn't make it, but all the kids and I were all excited to be there with Jacob. I feel a little overwhelmed with everything the scouting program entails, but I'm grateful to have a good program with dedicated leaders and a husband who knows all about it and is willing to help!
After the den meeting was over, Jeff still had another half hour of institute to teach, so I took the kids to go get a car wash and cash in their coupons for a free drink at the local gas station. You'd have thought it was Christmas again by how excited they were.
I can't believe this awesome big guy is already in the scouting program!
Then the boys started being funny with the camera and wanting to take all sorts of funny/crazy pictures. It was fun until Caleb dropped the camera & it started acting up.

Caleb was telling me that he can hardly wait until he gets to start scouts too, but I'm glad we've got a couple more years before he gets started with it! (Especially since I just finished sewing on all of Jacob's patches onto his new scout shirt. :)


No comments: