Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Day

As I've written about before, we are having an exceptionally dry and warm winter this year. So the kids were pretty excited when we got a snow storm that dropped about 6 inches of snow. When the boys got home from school, everyone got bundled up in their snow gear and went out to play.
My aunt Tammi gave me this little snowsuit for Emily that she had used for some of her girls, my cousins. I thought Emily looked so cute, all bundled up. She looked like a colorful little marshmallow puff to me. Of course I need to get her some of her own boots so she doesn't have to wear her brothers' hand-me-downs, but I guess it's better to have a girl in boy boots than a boy in girl boots. :)

Jeff was finally able to use his snow blower, but you always end up with a wall of snow in front of your driveway after the snowplows go by. So Jacob and Caleb helped me shovel the snow again, then they started working on an igloo. Emily and Matthew had fun riding their bikes around on the driveway, and we even did a little sledding on the big hill in our backyard.
I loved watching Emily ride her 'tractor'. It was only about 8 degrees outside that day, so I wasn't sure how long Emily would last, but she loved being outside playing in the snow.

No comments: