Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Jacob

I have a hard time believing we've already reached this monumental birthday! Jacob is eight! It has been a much-anticipated day, especially by Jacob. We went right into the birthday festivities, and started off the day with Jacob's favorite- crepes for breakfast. Later on, we opened birthday presents.
Jacob got some really nice things for his upcoming baptism, including a special book and his very own journal from Great Grandma Tanner. This really has been the highlight of his birthday- being so excited about his baptism.
He also got another gift he's been wanting for a very long time, an alarm clock. I thought it was interesting because I remember getting my very first alarm clock when I was 8 years old too, and I still have it! It's been great having the boys get themselves up and dressed in the mornings all by themselves.
I love watching all the kids during the present opening. You'd never know whose birthday it was by the excitement- all the kids are so excited regardless of whose birthday it is.

As you can tell by the look on his face- he was pretty excited about everything. He got a metal detector, a cd alarm clock, some shoes, pants & a couple shirts, a book, a journal, and some cool legos from Grandparents.
For his birthday cake, Jacob requested a BYU cake, so this is what we came up with. Nothing too fancy or exciting, but Jacob and the boys loved it.

Everyone had fun taking turns blowing out the candles. All the kids did pretty well- even Emily, she's definitely gotten the hang of it. Then we all enjoyed cake and ice cream and playing games together. Both sets of grandparents are coming to town for Jacob's baptism and we'll continue the part then!

No comments: