Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trip to the Farm

Our last weekend in Idaho, we were able to take a trip down to see grandparents. Lacey and the boys and I left Saturday morning and drove down to Grandma & Grandpa Haworth’s place. It’s been over 2 years since I’ve been there and I’ve sure missed it. I think it’s one of the most beautiful places on earth, and it is honestly one of my most favorite places to be. Not much has changed since I was a little girl and I love it. The boys love it also. They had so much fun with Grandma & Grandpa; they loved going for rides on the 4-wheeler, seeing the cows, feeding the horses, and playing with all the fun toys. Lacey and I had fun taking the boys for a walk around the farm to see everything. They were definitely in need of a good bath when we got back. We had a yummy dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and later on Mom, Dad and Cole got there.

(Trying to get Matthew to look at the camera)

After we put the boys to bed we enjoyed staying up talking with Grandma and Grandpa. I’ve sure missed them, they’re so sweet and loving. It was fun to sit with both of them and just enjoy being together. The hardest thing about the trip was that it had to be so short. We left the next morning for Ogden so we could get to my Grandma & Grandpa Tanner’s mission homecoming talk. I was excited to go to it, but also so sad to leave. I used to cry when I was little because I didn’t want to leave, and I guess some things never change. I’m grateful for the time we were able to have, but I can’t wait for the day when we live closer and can go and visit more often than once every two years. We sure love Grandma and Grandpa and their wonderful farm.




6 comments:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That sure brought back a lot of memories. We had a lot of fun times together there. It really is a great place for a kid (little or grown up) to play. Sometimes I wish we all still got together as much as we used to. What a great family we have!

sara cardon said...

What a fun trip!! It just brings back memories of good ol' Idaho and its wonderful simplicity.:) Maybe that's why I like Amish country out here so much....You are GORGEOUS, by the way!!

Kristie lee said...

We had so much fun getting to hang out so much this past month! I can't wait till we can do it again. I love you guys!

Jordan said...

Hey I can't believe how big your boys are getting!! We are sad we missed you guys when you were on this side of the country!!! Your family pictures are so cute!

The Rawlings said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I love Grandma and Grandpa's house. Sometimes I wish we could all be there together like we use to. We have such a fun family, I love it!

Tammy and Brian Family said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! Really cute pictures by the way, you have such a darling family!