Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vegas Vacation Day 2

Day two of vacation started out a little less eventful than the first, which I was grateful for. I woke up feeling refreshed and happy with the warm sun streaming in through the window. I had woken up at 5:30 feeling like I had to get up, but then I looked around, remembered where I was and happily went back to bed.
It was fun to see Loews Resort in the daylight. We had a beautiful view right out our window overlooking the reception area and the lake. There had been a wedding reception the night before, but now the area was open. There were beautiful walking paths along the lake, and a golf course right there. The hotel was beautiful, but I soon realized that there are disadvantages to staying in an upscale resort as well. They delivered a breakfast menu, but I didn't have much of an appetite when I realized it would cost $11 for a simple bowl of cereal with milk, an omelet was $20, and a simple blueberry muffin was $8. Good thing I had eaten a good dinner the night before, and I still had an apple from my trip.
With Jeff still not there, I decided to hit one of the pools in the morning. I had a good book to read so I was able to go out and enjoy the sunshine, water, and 85 degree weather. I wasn't out for too long before Jeff called to say that he was on his way to the hotel, but apparently long enough to get a bit of a sunburn; my stomach and legs took the brunt but fortunately it wasn't too bad and ended up turning into a nice tan eventually.
When Jeff got there, he got everything settled then we went out to do a little sight seeing and shopping. The first thing we did was to get some lunch! I only had an apple, and Jeff had been flying all day so we stopped at A&W for lunch. The rootbeer especially tasted awesome! Then we did a little shopping. Jeff hadn't been able to get all his summer things since they were packed & his time was limited; so he didn't have any shorts. We went out to get him a few more seasonal appropriate clothes, and also got some groceries. With it being Sunday the next day we wanted to have enough food that we wouldn't have to buy anything.
We stopped to pick up some dinner and dessert on the way home, and watched a movie that night. It wasn't the most exciting vacation day, but we were just glad to finally be reunited after a week. It's amazing how much fun you can have just being together even doing something as simple as grocery shopping. We were just glad to be back together.

2 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

HOORAY! I'm glad he made it. I have to say - that if you can't have your husband, a good book is the next best thing. Also - I hear you about the motels. I was always under the impression that everything in Vegas was CHEAP so that you could waste all of your money gambling - but NOT SO! They are spendy. We need to take a Va-Ca together to one of those tropical resorts that are all inclusive. Hurry up and move here so we can solidify plans. Brad and I haven't spent more than one night away from our kids (except for when I was in the hospital recovering from c-sections or kidney stones - not EXACTLY a vacation) in over 11 YEARS! Seriously pathetic.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I agree. When it's just the two of us, without the kids, it feels like the dating days again! :)