On Monday Jeff and I hit the gym at the hotel and then headed out to Zions National Park for a day of hiking and enjoying the outdoors. It was the perfect day; sunny and beautiful but not too hot. The park has a nice little set-up for hikers. You park your car and then you can take the shuttle buses all over the park. They'll drop you off at the start of each hike, and when you finish with one, you can take the bus up to the next one. It was great and gave us the chance to do a bunch of different hikes. We packed food to take along with us, so we were able to spend most of the day there. Some of the trails were closed because of high water, but we were still able to do quite a few. I think our favorite hike was Hidden Canyon, it was about a 3.5 hour hike up and back, longer than some and shorter than others. The views were awesome! The pictures really don't do justice of just how high up we were. We met some fun people and had a great time enjoying the outdoors. It's been a long time since we've been able to do any real hiking. There really isn't anything out East to compare to these awesome national parks. We got back in the early evening and had a gift card to Olive Garden that we received at Christmas time that we still hadn't used, so we got ready and went out to dinner. I think my favorite part of the meal was the ice water! After dinner we went out to catch a movie, but didn't see anything at the theatre worth paying for so we went back to the hotel and 'ordered' a movie to watch in our room. It was a fun day of vacation.
Ah yes, you found one of my favorite places to be. I've spent weeks and even months worth of time in Zion and the canyons there. I usually have a rope and a harness when I go to do the technical slot canyons there as well. Amazing place. Happy that you guys got to see some of it.
1 comment:
Ah yes, you found one of my favorite places to be. I've spent weeks and even months worth of time in Zion and the canyons there. I usually have a rope and a harness when I go to do the technical slot canyons there as well. Amazing place. Happy that you guys got to see some of it.
Post a Comment