
After being gone for almost two weeks for family reunions, I was worried we were going to come back to a dead yard and plants. I was happy to see that most of our plants did great while we were gone, with the exception of my petunias that were on the back deck. One of the benefits about moving into a home that isn't brand new is that much of the landscaping and plants are already in place. There are a few changes we want to make with a few things- trees & shrubs etc- but I've loved our beautiful flowers! These are some of my favorites.

We were also amazed when we got back, how much our garden had grown! I was just hoping it wouldn't die, not only did it not die, it was thriving. Some of our seeds had been washed away with the rain, so the lettuce, onions, & spinach were a little sparse, but they've grown a ton since then. The peppers had gotten huge and had tons of peppers on them. Our tomato plants were as tall as Jacob and have tons of tomatoes all over them. And our squash plants, zucchini, cucumbers, pumpkins, etc have gotten huge. We've been eating from our garden just about every day. The cucumbers especially have been producing like crazy.Our biggest one so far has been 18 inches long! It's a good thing we love them so much- and I'm really glad I don't have to buy them for .89 cents apiece at Walmart!

The boys have been great helpers with the garden. They love to help water and take care of it. It's their job to check every day and to pick the cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes. We'll probably make some changes for next year's garden, but we've been really happy with how well it's done this year.
1 comment:
That's awesome, way to go! Our garden didn't thrive as well as yours did this year. For some strange reason all our cucumbers died... Most of the other stuff did pretty good, but not the best year we've ever had. It is fun for the kids though, they love it and so do I! A garden is fun, and when it's in those garden boxes its so easy to maintain.
Post a Comment