Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stevens Family Reunion Day 1

Wednesday morning we took off at 6am to leave for the Stevens Family Reunion. We had a long day of driving, about 13 hours- plus a couple extra stops- and arrived at Tami & CJ's place about 8pm Wednesday night. Mom & Dad, Greg & Amy, and Nettie & kids were also there and we enjoyed dinner and visiting together.
Thursday morning we took off for our campsite in Seaside, Oregon. Tami reserved a great site for our family for a few days. It was awesome! We had our own little private 'island' area that easily fit all of our family's tents, supplies, etc. The campsite also had a lodge, showers & electricity, tennis courts, horseshoes, a swimming pool and arcade. Pretty plush camping if you ask me! I was loving the fact that the lodge had a microwave so I could warm up Emily's bottles at 6am. My main concern was rain, and although it was a little chilly- the temperature never topped 70- we didn't get rain. I was pretty happy about that.
The kids were so excited to see all their cousins and be able to run around and play together. The little ones were constantly entertained by all the fun surroundings. It's been about 5 years since we've been 'real' camping. I forgot how much I've missed it, and how fun it can be- especially when you're with family. This was Emily's first camping trip and she loved it. Being outside all day long is heaven for her.
I loved seeing the kids together. They were pretty creative with their games. One of the favorite activities was to go from tent to tent to tent. I think next time we need to just bring a giant tent that they can all sleep in and party in.
I got Jeff a tent for Father's Day a couple years ago, and this was the first time we've been able to use it. It worked great!
We had our room, the boys had their own little room, and Emily had her pack 'n play in a third little room. They were pretty excited about the set-up. They all slept pretty well which is a bonus- Emily did end up in our sleeping bag a couple mornings because she was cold, but I didn't mind because she still slept fine and she's just so cute.
Scott and Amanda brought a ladder-ball game that was a huge hit. There was usually some serious game going on at all times during the day. Jeff and Scott had their own little tournament going on throughout the reunion. These brothers sure have a good time together.
Amanda had some fun games for the kids the first day with prizes and everything. It was fun to watch them and they all had a fun time.
And it's always entertaining to watch the adult's rendition of "Minute to Win-It" trying to get cookies from their foreheads to their mouth. Tami and CJ were the ultimate winners.
Grandpa Stevens did a little crabbing throughout the trip and had some nice catches. We all enjoyed eating a little crab, but the kids especially loved watching Grandpa doing the crabbing and admiring the crabs he caught.
It wouldn't be a complete reunion without some sort of talent-show. We had a great program filled with singing, mini skits, funny songs, jokes, tricks, etc. After the talent show was over, Amanda, Gina and I were able to go for a nice 5.5 mile run along the boardwalk. It was beautiful! When we got back, the kids were in bed so we decided to take advantage of the swimming pool and hot tub. It felt great after the run and so nice to finish off the evening with a hot shower.

1 comment:

Caity said...

Man, I want your tent! Our was way too small when we went. It sounds like a really fun time.