I loved watching the babies on daddy's backs and shoulders. Someone I got stuck hauling Matthew up the mountain. He walked about halfway up and was pretty good at walking down, but I think our early start and his lack of sleep wasn't the greatest combination for a decently steep hike. :)
Fortunately I didn't have to carry him the whole way. Jeff traded me off and I got to take Emily- who had decided that SHE wanted to walk up the mountain! Don't worry, she didn't walk too far, but she did have fun picking and holding the flowers growing along the path.

It was fun to have a chance to just sit and enjoy the view together.
I love the dirt on Jacob's face in this picture. Still not really sure how it ended up there.
After the hike, Kristie and I brought our running gear so we could run home. Probably not the best idea since it was really starting to get hot. I didn't bring any water and hadn't had much to drink all that day, combe that with a hike beforehand and it definitely wasn't my greatest run. Poor Kristie got stuck with a lame partner for that run, but we had fun together!

The beautiful view from the top of the 'Y'
After lunch at home, we all enjoyed a little downtime until the evening festivities. The boys thought Tom & Kristie's tv was awesome and got to watch a few cartoons.
Emily did a good job of vacuuming around the house with her cute little vacuum toy. It was so cute, I just loved watching her. Of course she had fun playing with family members too.

We totally got spoiled for the evening's activities. It just so happened that Tom's awesome company, Qualtrics, was the main sponsor for the Stadium of Fire. They put on a dinner, and gave tickets to their employees. Tom was given four tickets, so we got lucky enough to get some cool t-shirts and join them for a fun evening. We wanted mom and dad to go, but they insisted that they wanted the chance to take the boys to the fireworks. So we got a babysitter for the two girls and enjoyed a night out together. Lacey also had a date to the program that night, and we even spotted her at the stadium.
We decided to have dinner with the family beforehand instead of doing the BBQ, but we did drop by for a bit at the end. We met some of Tom's coworkers and even ran into some old friends who happen to work for the company as well. (Monte & Brittany Moore with their darling boys along with Paul & his wife and their cute girls, and Matt Clark)

We had some pretty awesome seats for the Stadium of Fire. We were right up on the grass with a great view.

There were some fun performances that night by various people. This probably sounds pretty lame, but it was actually my very first concert. I know....looser...:) But it was fun! We were able to see David Archuleta, the BYU Old Spice Guy, and the main attraction of the night- Brad Paisley. He is awesome!


The girls did great for the babysitter, they pretty much slept the whole time. And Dad, Mom and the boys said they had an absolute blast playing on the grass and watching the fireworks. Of course, by the time they got home this is what everyone in the back seat looked like. Pretty funny! I'm guessing they had a pretty good time.

I thought this was too funny not to get a picture of. Kristie and I decided to make a quick stop before heading to the stadium where we knew there would be long lines. Good thing we have such awesome, and manly husbands!

Stadium of Fire....definitely did not disappoint!
1 comment:
That was just the first day? Man, you guys have jam packed reunions! Looks like a blast though!
Post a Comment