Monday, July 4, 2011

Tanner Family Reunion (Day 2)

Sunday was a pretty laid back day for the second day of the family reunion. We did have church at 9am that was a little rough after our late night Saturday, but we made it in time and survived. After church we enjoyed a yummy lunch together and just hanging around.

Mom and Dad just returned from a trip to Nauvoo, IL with Grandma and Grandpa Tanner and the Greens and brought back some fun little things for everyone. My mom found these adorable little bonnets for the girls. I couldn't get enough!
Emily and Lilah looked so adorable. It almost made me wish we lived in a time where they really would have to wear them...almost.
Of course, the bonnets only lasted about 5 minutes before both girls were pulling madly trying to get the strange contraptions off, but we did manage to snap a few pictures before they succeeded.
The boys on the other hand, were more than happy to pose for pictures with their fun new toy. They got a brass covered wagon that was also a pencil sharpener. I love how Matthew couldn't even take his eyes off his wagon for one picture.
Mom and Dad brought a bunch of old family movies to watch. It was fun to just sit around watching and laughing at the old movies. They always seem to bring the most embarrassing ones... Oh well, I guess I'm glad everyone could have some good laughs at my expense...


Later on that afternoon, we decided to try and attempt some family pictures since we were all together for the first time in a long time and probably for a long time. While we were getting things set up, the girls entertained themselves with a bucket full of rollie-pollies that Matthew had caught. I was fine as long as Emily didn't try to eat them or feed them to Lilah. I did have to stop her from both actions a couple times.
Family pictures get harder as the group gets bigger, but I think we ended up with some decent ones. Mom wanted everyone in red, white, and blue to go along with the 4th of July. It was a fun color combo. The main family picture was at the top of the post, and we had some fun others as well.

I love Matthew's #1 in this picture.
I tried to get a few shots of individual families as well.


Cole with his 'future wife'
Siblings


Our family was last to go, and you know how kids are if you try to take pictures for more than 5 minutes. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting much. But when expectations are low, you're usually just happy to have everyone in the picture. :)


Lacey is such a bad example to Emily! :)
And it was fun to snap a few pictures of Lacey... not only is she beautiful, she's a great model and so nice to put up with me and my silly requests. :)

1 comment:

Kristie McConnon said...

Thanks again for taking those pictures Ang!I'm glad we got them while we were all together :-) We miss you guys!!