Our new home doesn't have a lot of wall space in the kitchen area, and I was having a hard time figuring out where to put my calendar. I had it in the washroom for a while, but it was driving me crazy not being able to see it all the time. The problem was I didn't like the look of hanging the plain old calendar right on the wall by the formal dining room. I thought a frame would be a good solution to help dress it up a little. I found some online, but they wanted almost $40 for them so I decided to see if I could make my own.
At Home Depot, I picked up a cheap baseboard for .44 cents a foot. Fortunately, Jeff has a power saw for all the work he's been doing in the basement, so I took some measurements and started cutting. After cutting all the pieces, I glued them with wood glue, then stapled them in the back to make sure they'd hold.
And of course, added the calendar.
2 comments:
What a great idea!It looks fabulous :)
That's a very cute idea!
Post a Comment