We filled the week after Christmas with family activities. It’s not very often that Jeff has so much time off and we wanted to take advantage of it as much as possible. We did our DC trip on Monday & Tuesday, and fun activities around the area the rest of the week. Jeff did have to go in to do some work during the week, but not for too long.
We were able to go swimming together at the YMCA and the boys had a lot of fun doing that. We haven’t been swimming for a while, and it was fun to take advantage of a warm, indoor heated pool. We went for a couple hours and it was still hard to get everyone out of the pool at the end. I accidentally left the memory card out of the camera, so I didn’t end up with any pictures, but we had a fun time.

Another day, we ended up going to the YMCA again to play on the climbing wall and in the gym. The boys had fun doing the rock wall and playing basketball. Matthew loved it when Jeff would lift him up to shoot the ball, he was trying so hard to do it himself, but it’s just a bit tall for a few years!




Another day we let the boys try out their new roller blades. The weather was pretty rainy and cold outside, and we found a great solution. The laundry room is right next to our apartment, and luckily we’re the only apartment attached to it, so the kids can skate in there without worrying about bothering anyone else with the noise. With it being the holidays, many people are gone so no one was using the laundry room anyway. It has a hard cement floor and was perfect for a couple little boys working on their roller blading skills. Matthew enjoyed riding around like a crazy many on his little bike. They had a lot of fun.
On New Year’s Eve, the boys took over the kitchen and made homemade soft pretzels. They were definitely a hit! I’m grateful for a husband who loves to think of fun things to do with his little boys- they loved rolling out the dough & putting on the toppings. It was definitely worth the time it took to clean-up to see them having a good time together.


New Year’s Day we were able to go bowling together. This is one of the kids’ favorite things to do! I love watching them, and I’m sure we provide some good entertainment for everyone around us! It was a fun way to spend the last real day of vacation.




5 comments:
your family is so sweet, what fun ideas! i don't even think to utilize the y for some fun family time, i love it!
Looks like we participated in similar winter break activities. I was rebellious and did not take pictures. Dad Stevens took a bundle to share. As always you were significantly missed. It is nice to occasionally have an outlaw in the bunch...is that what we call ourselves. It was a treat to have your father represent you and Jeff at Isaac's baptism. It was a very special day for us. My Christmas baby turning of age. He has been an angel this month. Maybe when Jacob turns eight we will be within a reasonable traveling distance to come. I imagine he will be about 5 ft by then! I hope you are feeling well and getting good sleep...future diva is finally making a small appearance for you. I cannot believe how far along you are. So since we have princess', a very distinct "Queen", a couple pixies I've decided maybe "Diva" would be the next best thing. Anything is better than Uncle Fester or Chunky Chicken! Good for a laugh!
That last comment (and picture) cracked me up. It seems like sometimes mom is the only one who thinks picture taking is a great idea ;).
It was fun to catch up on you guys! I'm glad you all had a fun holiday! It's nice to take advantage of the daddy being around to go and do some fun things...i think we're finally to the point were our dad will be home on time to eat with us! anyway...your family is SO cute and i just can't wait to see your little girl!
Seriously, your family is like if cute threw up! I love it. I'm so glad for every second you get to spend together. How is that baby girl cooking up? When is she going to come meet us and live by us?
Post a Comment