Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

I have an amazingly talented friend, Teresa, who is a fabulous cook! Last year, she started a tradition of doing gingerbread houses at Christmastime. Starting about a month in advance she starts to make a ton of gingerbread houses by hand & freezes them until Christmastime. Then in December, everyone brings treats to share, and we enjoy a girl’s night out decorating gingerbread houses.

I missed the activity last year because we weren’t in the area, so I was excited for it this year. It was great to get together with everyone and enjoy the night. It’s also a good thing that Teresa is such a good sport letting everyone crash her house until the late night hours- at 10pm I was one of the earlier ones to leave, apparently some people partied it up until 2am. The boys were sure excited to see the gingerbread house the next morning.

So often I’m reminded of how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many fun, amazing, talented, and thoughtful women. I’m so grateful for good friends, these women really are like sisters to me.

Lizzette, Alissa, Teresa
Stacey, Me, Lizzette

1 comment:

teresa said...

it was so fun to have you there! i had a great time with you guys!