Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tis the Season

For creating, crafting, and making that is! December is usually a pretty busy month; luckily some of it is because of fun things. I enjoy having an excuse to make treats, crafts, and other things for people that we care about, and just for fun. I love that the kids enjoy being my helpers with everything too! They were always eager to help with any project I was working on.

I did chocolate-covered caramel pretzel sticks for co-workers, bosses, teachers, crossing guards, neighbors, and home teaching/visiting teaching families. I made quite a few pans of these. The boys were more than happy to be the taste testers.
Tags for the packages
Some of the finished products. It was a good thing I gave most of them away, because the boys would have liked to finish most of them off themselves!
I made these temple tiles with stands for our parents as part of their Christmas gifts.
We had a young women's activity one night making graham cracker gingerbread houses. It was fun to spend the night with the girls and see the fun creations they made!
I had fun making a wreath for our front door.
We made these cute little craft treat holders for Caleb's preschool class and Jacob's kindergarten class. Every little package held a bag of m&m's for their classmates. Jacob and Caleb were great helpers with this one.

We decorated homemade gingerbread houses at a girl's night. I can only take credit for the easy part, my friend Teresa was the gingerbread-making queen, making about 20 of these houses.

1 comment:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Looks like you've been busy making lots of very cute things! I want to know how to make those cute candy holders you made for the boys classes, and the wreath.