Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow Day


On Saturday, December 19th, we had a huge snowstorm. It started snowing early Saturday morning and continued throughout the day well into the early morning of the next day. We had one of the biggest snowstorms we’ve had in about 20 years. Philadelphia got about 23.5 inches in just one day, we didn’t get quite as much in our area of the city, about 14 inches. We didn’t have church the next day, and school was even cancelled on Monday due to the snow- typical for the east coast. I felt bad for many friends whose flights were cancelled for a few days.

On Monday, I got the boys all ready to go in their snow clothes and we went outside to play! They were all pretty excited to get out and enjoy the snow. Even Matthew was running around excitedly yelling, “snowball” and “snowman” over and over. We decided to build a snowman together & the boys were great little helpers. We finished it just in time to go back in and warm up with soup and hot chocolate for lunch. I love having a good snow day every now and then, and I loved having a white Christmas. Of course, it’s always interesting to see the weather here- the following Sunday it was 50 degrees and sunny, and the snow was gone because it rained for about 36 hours straight. The snow is fun, but I sure enjoy having clear roads to drive on!

No comments: