We like to put up our Christmas decorations early around here. This is the 3rd year in a row that we haven't been home with family for Christmas and it's nice to have cheerful things around. Normally we decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but we were in Virginia so we pulled out the boxes a couple days into December. The boys are really getting to the age where they enjoy the whole season and everything that comes along with it. Jeff was out of town again, so I was grateful to have three eager little helpers to put up the tree and decorations. We've had the same little artificial tree for 8 years straight, same as most of our decorations- it's done pretty well over the years. I decided to add some extras to the tree this year, usually with young kids around everything just gets pulled off, but I figured Matthew is old enough to be better this year. I love how cozy the apartment feels with all the decorations and lights. They're definitely not anything fancy, but they're just perfect for us! We love our little place at Christmas time.
The boys with the finished product
All lit up
I decided to make a wreath for our front door this year, and was pleased with how it turned out; especially since it only cost me about $7.


My mom got this little nativity for the boys last year. It's been one of their favorite things to help set up. I usually find the pieces rearranged throughout the day, and that's what it is for- they love that it is *their* nativity set.

Vinyl is one of the greatest decorations ever!
5 comments:
I love all your cute Christmas decor!!! You made that wreath?!?!?! Girl, I'm impressed!!! Beautiful! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!xoxo
Cute! I love posts about Christmas decorations. I really love your wreath too. Great job!
So cute!! I loved the wreath! You will have to tell me how you made that! :)
Your Christmas tree looks very pretty, all your decorations do, and I LOVE the wreath you made! How did you make it??? I too love how Christmas decorations make a home so cozy.:)
our kids have their own nativity too..I love letting them learn hands on. It's a little people one that even plays Away in a Manger!
Post a Comment