Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Looks

Here's Caleb's new look- red patent, peep-toed slingbacks. Just kidding...he just thought it was funny to put on my shoes and I couldn't resist a blackmail photo. He's 'boy' enough that I'm not too worried about the occasional girly shoes shot.



My new look. I don't know what the final straw was...the heat, Matthew's endless pulling, the fact that my hair was constantly in a pony tail, or just that I was ready to FINALLY try something new. Last week after getting out of the shower I figured I was ready to have my hair cut. Not too drastic, but noticeably shorter. Luckily my friend Kristen lives close by and it was finished less than 2 hours later before I could change my mind. While Jeff thinks the new look is cute, he's definitely not silent about letting me know how much he *loved* my long hair. I promised him I'll grow it out again, but at least for now during this hot summer, I'm going to enjoy a cooler hairstyle. I also had a good back-up weapon. I teased Jeff that if he didn't like the new look, plenty of others did.
Here's the story: The afternoon I got it cut I was picking Jacob up from a birthday party. When we went to head home the car wouldn't start. Sometimes the cables on the battery need to be adjusted a bit, so I popped the hood and was went to work. A big truck was stopped for a light & happened to be about 3 feet away. A late 20/early 30ish-aged guy (I throw in "attractive, tan, blonde, baywatch type" -just to make sure Jeff's listening well :) sticks his head out the window and asks if I need help, "I'm a mechanic." he adds. I explain about the cables and say that I'll be fine. He finishes by saying, "Okay, I'm really not a mechanic and I don't know much about cars, I just know you're beautiful." Tells me good luck, and drives away as the light turns green. I can't think of a better way to have your confidence boosted about a new hair cut than that.
Jeff's been giving me compliments on the new haircut ever since.

7 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

I love your new hair cut! you looks so beautiful as always.

by the way if you dont rememeber who i am. im married to Houstons friend Monte!

well i hope you guys are doing well. :)

Annette said...

HA! HA! Good for you for reminding Jeff what a good looking wife he has. I love your new hair cut! It looks great. I wish my hair would grow to half that length :)

Sharesa Larsen said...

I LOVE the new do! The story is really really funny!

Lanelle Barber said...

Hey Paul has a shoe fetish too! (I secretly encourage it) We are also secure enough in his manhood not to worry one bit. And Angela, you always have and always will be gorgeous.

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

That's a funny story..and definitely a good back up weapon! :) Of course we want to impress our husbands but sometimes we need to feel good about ourselves too, and a new look is fun every once in a while! I just have to tell myself, "It's just hair...it grows." Anyway, you look really cute! Just like you always do!

Caity said...

I have to admit, it's refreshing seeing another person's boy in something girly :)

That is a funny story about your haircut! Pretty smooth pick-up line. I like the new do and I'm glad Jeff does too :)

jor said...

That is such a good story! I think it is great to have your husband reminded by someone else just how lucky he is :) And I think it is funny how different everyone's take is on "long" hair. I think the longest my hair has ever been is maybe to where you got yours cut to!

And Caleb in the shoes is so cute. Definitely keep that one around in about 13 years