Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial BBQ

I'm a little slow on this one. Last Monday for Memorial Day we enjoyed getting together with some good friends for yet another BBQ. (I think we had 5 this month!) It was a lot of fun. Steve & Edith Jiminez just got back from spending winter in Brazil-they're what you'd call 'snow birds' and spend half of the year in Brazil and half here in the US depending on where the warm weather is. Eventually though, they'd like to end up in Logan, Utah near their children. (I don't think they're fully aware of the fun of THOSE winters yet...) Anyway, we sure enjoyed being at their beautiful home in their even more beautiful yard. The boys loved it, there's plenty of room to run around on the grass, lots of trees, bushes & flowers. Their favorite though? The two hammocks and bench swing. They loved swinging playing in the hammocks. Matthew just about fell asleep on the bench swing, it's absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. We sure enjoyed being with friends for the holiday. Someday they've made us promise that we'll to meet up at their other beautiful home....in Brazil. Sounds like a blast.

3 comments:

Caity said...

Oh man! I would take them up on that invitation the moment you can!

carlston said...

Oh what fun to see the Jimenez family... they are such gracious and kind people and wonderful hosts. Make sure you visit them in Brazil oneday. Your children are beautiful by the way!

Julie G. said...

Hi Angela, it's Julie. You're little family is adorable! Wow you guys must stay super busy all the time. I just wanted to say "HI" Hope everything is going great for you guys.