Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to the best daddy in the world! It was so fun to celebrate Father's Day today with Jeff. The boys helped me make a yummy breakfast this morning and we all enjoyed having him home this morning (all church meetings were canceled) We spent the rest of the day enjoying our Sunday at church and at home together. For his father's day gift, Jeff got a new fishing pole and is excited to be able to take the boys fishing-actually I wonder who is more excited, Jeff or the boys.
More than anything I'm so grateful for Jeff and what a wonderful husband and father he is. Right from the start he had a natural talent at being a father, maybe it's because he's one of eight children, but I suspect that it's mainly because of his deep love for his children. He does such a wonderful job as a parent. I know he feels bad when the boys and I are alone while he's working and on-call; it's difficult and we miss him, but honestly I feel spoiled by him quite often..."Ang, why don't I take all three boys with me to the store so you can have some time to....." I'm so grateful for his love for me and our children-he would do anything for us and is constantly putting us above his own personal wants and needs. Even amidst his busy schedule he always finds time for me and for our boys. I'm so grateful for his example to them. I hope one day all of our boys will be as wonderful a father as Jeff is. Happy Father's Day Jeff, we love you!

No comments: