Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Old..and New Again

So there was this particular outfit of Matthew's that was my absolute favorite. My Mom gave it to me when he was born and it was an instant favorite. It was one of those outfits that was worn, washed right away and worn again. He probably wore it more than anything else and I was so sad when Matthew started to grow out of it. It was a 0-3 month outfit, so it didn't take too long before he was too big for it; and even then I tried to make it last as long as possible. You know those certain outfits that you associate with your child's baby-hood? I was so sad to put it away.
So.... when we went back for Kristie's wedding in February, my aunt Tami had a baby gift for Matthew. Imagine my surprise when I opened the present and found that same outfit! Only this one was the 6 month size!! I was so excited.
I guess Matthew is just destined to wear this outfit for another couple months or so before he grows out of it completely, it's already getting smaller. At least we'll enjoy it while we can. Who knows... maybe I'll be able to find the same outfit again in the 9 month size...

November 07
March 08

2 comments:

Kristie lee said...

I can't believe how fast Matthew is growing up! It's cool to see how different all your kids look, but they still look like your kids! He is so cute! Love ya Ang & Jeff.

sara cardon said...

That's too funny!! I definitely had outfits like that for Lucy, especially her little Sunday dresses. It was so sad to pack those away, so I hope we have at least one more girl so I can pull them out and enjoy them again.:)