
Yes we've been to the doctor's office a lot this week. Luckily it's been for the well child check-ups. Matthew got to see Dr Cohen on Thursday morning for his 4 month visit. This visit I only had Matthew and Caleb with me and we didn't have to wait very long.
Matthew weighed in at 15 lbs 11 oz (and that was just moments after completely filling another diaper...I won't complain, I'm glad it was before the weight in and not after...or during) and he was 25 1/2 inches tall. Pretty good sized little guy; about 80th percentiles.
He did great with his Dr's exam and was happy and smiling. It looks like he's right on track with development, and actually doing a few things early; he's already been making consonant sounds (na na, ma, da, etc-Jacob told me the other day that Matthew was asking for a banana because he was saying 'na na')
Then came the rough part, the 4 month old visit is rough because they get 5 immunizations. Luckily one is an oral one, but the other four are all shots- two in each leg. Poor little guy, he wasn't as brave as Jacob and I don't blame him. I always feel so bad when babies have to get shots, you're trying to hold their hands and arms and they just look at you and cry. It's almost like they're looking at you wondering why you're letting them be hurt. I was glad when it was over.
Afterwards we ran a couple errands & went to the library before we picked up Jacob from preschool, had lunch at home, and went to some friend's house to help her with some household things.
It's still crazy to think that Matthew is already 4 months old, he's sure growing up fast.
1 comment:
Aww, he's so cute!
Post a Comment