Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Matthew is 5 Months

5 Months old and still as bald & beautiful as ever!
-His hair is growing in more, getting thicker, but he still would be considered a "bald" baby.
- He absolutely loves his baths now. (I'm so glad he got over his 'extreme dislike' of baths from when he was a baby.) He gets so excited whenever he hears the water going. When he takes his baths he kicks his feet and moves his arms as fast as he can.
-He loves to be outside and will laugh and smile as soon as we walk out the door. He's definitely a "on the go" type of baby. He's happiest when he's being toted around whether it's to preschool, the store, or anywhere else we might be headed that day.
-He loves to talk and laugh. He especially loves it when Jacob and Caleb talk with him; he's quite the little chatterbox. He also loves to 'sing' and will often times sing himself to sleep.
-He loves to play with toys. His little rings are his favorite, especially hanging from his carseat.
- He has the cutest little boy voice; I'm glad he loves to sing & talk so I can hear it all the time. He even says, "da da, ma ma, ga, na na, etc." Of course he doesn't know what he's saying, but it sure is cute. Jacob told me that he was asking for a banana (na na).
-Lately he's been getting up every 2-3 hours at night. In all honesty, Matthew is probably my worst sleeper yet, but he'll usually do better than 2-3 hours. I'm hoping he'll start to improve. In the past 5 months I haven't slept more than a 4 hour stretch. I've forgotten what a nice 8 hour night feels like. Oh well...
-Still chewing on his hands and fingers, I know those little teeth are going to come through one of these days; but I'm enjoying his little toothless grin.
-Matthew is already going through many of his 3-6 month clothes, once again it's getting to be that time to pack away the clothes for bigger ones.
-Eating his solids like a champ! (most of the time)
-Matthew is 5 months and we're still loving him more and more everyday!

No comments: