Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just Because

Saturday we had originally planned to go out and do some sightseeing with the boys... but unfortunately, Jeff had some clinic work to do that took longer than expected. One of his co-resident's father is an ophthalmologist and he set up the clinic in which they could practice doing some cataract surgeries on..get this..pig eyes. Apparently he had the eyes specially flown in from Texas and they spent the morning working on those. Ophthalmology residents don't get to do much surgery until their 3rd years, so this was a good opportunity. It just took longer than expected; Jeff didn't get home until about 2:00.
With the circumstances the way they were, we decided that since it was such a nice day, we'd just head down to the park near our house and go for a walk. Great choice. The weather was beautiful and I took the camera along to get some pictures. (I promise I haven't forgotten Alyssa, I'm working on the pictures :) Anyway, it was so much fun and the boys had a blast getting sticks, throwing things in the water, running along the path and just enjoying the outdoors. At the end we were ready to head home & pick up some pizza for dinner. We were also grateful not to have been one of the 15 cars that had parked along the road (because there wasn't enough parking spaces) as we saw a typical Philly cop writing tickets to all of them. But all in all it was a great afternoon. Here are some pictures of the afternoon...just because...

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Great pics of all your boys! I understand about all the craziness with three kids! It'll be three in the afternoon...and I'll think "why am I so hungry?" yep...haven't eaten all day!!! Oh well, the little stinks are worth it!
p.s. i'm excited for the pics...when you have a chance to do it all...don't worry, i know you're busy!