Cole did a great rendition of Napoleon Dynamite’s famous dance. He doesn’t get embarrassed at all and is so funny to watch. He had the entire audience just roaring. I especially loved the authentic costume! Jacob and Caleb loved watching him as well.
My mom had her tumbling kids come out and show some of their gymnastics skills. She also kept up the tradition of walking across the stage on her hands. Yep, that’s my mom. Who would ever guess she’s a grandmother of two?
My Dad also had some fun acts. In one, the bishopric did a new version of “Your Mama don’t dance, and your Daddy don’t rock ‘n roll.” They just changed the words into some relating to the bishopric. “It’s all because your Bishop don’t dance, and his counselors don’t rock ‘n roll.” and so on. They started out serious in their suits. Halfway through the song, they ran offstage and changed into their rock ‘n roll attire. That would be my dad right in the middle with the giant wig. They did a great job and once again had the entire audience laughing.
To finish the program off, my dad sang Frank Sinatra’s, “I Did It My Way” I love to hear him sing, he’s got a beautiful voice. I think there was a little deeper meaning to the song though. He’s been the bishop for almost 6 years now and will probably be released pretty soon; so the song was both funny and bittersweet. He’s been so wonderful; and is going to be greatly missed. I say that not only from what I know myself, but what countless people tell me.
Anyway, it was a great night and the boys and I had a great time. We missed having Jeff there, but we’re just grateful he had Sunday off instead.
1 comment:
Looks like your family took the cake! How fun!
Post a Comment