Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cleaning & Pageants

This is a post from Saturday. Saturday just gets busy... :)

So this morning (Saturday) we had an early start. Well, it kind of started with last night. Jeff and I were lucky enough to be able to go out together. Jeff’s Mom volunteered to watch the boys for us. So sweet! (Both grandparents are trying to get extra time in with the boys before they’re gone for 3 years. Jeff and I don’t mind!) Anyway, we were able to go to the temple with our ward. We picked up a couple things at the store afterwards, then went out to eat. Somehow we ended up at Applebees again, and had a fun time. Anyway the boys hadn’t wanted to go to sleep, apparently they thought it was much more fun to stay up and play with Grandma. So they were up when we got back at 11:30. Then Jeff’s dad needed some help from Jeff, Jonny & Mark to help put up the moose head (that would be the giant moose that Jeff’s Mom shot!) Anyway, to make a long story short, the boys were awake the whole time and we didn’t get home until 1:30.

It was also our week to clean the church at 9:00 am. Jeff worked at the ER, so it was me on my own. Oh well, no problem. Needless to say, I pretty much had to pull the boys out of bed, get them dressed and fed in 10 minutes. I wanted them to get as much sleep as possible. Poor little guys were tired, but they’re great. We got to the church and had a lot of fun working together. There was one other family and individual which made the cleaning fairly quick. It was my job to vacuum and the boys just followed me around. Caleb would get rides on the vacuum between the rooms, and both boys enjoyed playing “Run Away From the Vacuum.” We all had a good time. We got home at around 11:15 and after a quick snack; everyone was ready for a well-deserved nap! It took a little coaxing for Jacob, but we all ended up getting some good sleep time in! I love these days.

Tonight I had got a special treat! My mom and I went to the Boise Valley Junior Miss Program. It’s kind of like a pageant, only it focuses more on other things. (20% scholastic achievement, 25% talent, 25% interview, 15% fitness, and 15% poise.) Back in 2001, I won the competition, so it’s always fun to be able to watch it again. The girls did a great job and it was fun to watch. My mom and I had a great time and stopped to get something to eat afterwards. The boys had fun at Gma & Gpa’s house with Grandpa, uncle Cole, and Jeff. I’ve sure had fun with these girl’s night outs! I feel spoiled.

(Photo of Mom & Me Coming Soon..)

No comments: