October 2012
A few random photos and events from the month of October.
One afternoon before heading out to preschool, I realized that Matthew and Emily were both in blue stripes. We had to take a picture of course.
Jacob had a scout fishing activity during the month. Jeff was on call at the hospital, so I loaded up all four kids and we went up to enjoy the evening with the scouts together. The younger kids ran around playing together while the scouts all tried their best to catch a fish. Maybe it was the time of day, or the bait, (or probably the younger kids chucking rocks and sticks into the water), No one caught anything that night, but I think everyone still had a fun time. There were treats afterwards and you don't get much better than enjoying a warm fall night outside with friends!
Emily is at such a fun age. I love that she is my little buddy everywhere I go. She's always such a great sport and loves coming along no matter where we go! We had to make a stop at the grocery store, and of course we had to try out the .25cent horse ride on the way out. It was fun, even though it lasted like 4 minutes! We definitely got our money's worth!
I'm not sure why I didn't have many pictures at Halloween, and I honestly don't know where Caleb had disappeared to during the picture-taking, but here is one of our lone Halloween pictures. We were just grateful that we ended up with a decently warm night for trick-or-treating! Kids loved it as always! I really love Halloween, especially around our neighborhood. I do find it interesting though, trick-or-treating ends really early around here. Most people have their lights off by 8pm!
One morning, Emily just could not decide which cereal she wanted. I think I splurged and got a couple of cereals I don't get very often. Anyway- she said she wanted both, so I decided 'what the heck' and just gave her a small bowl of each. I thought it was pretty funny watching her eat.
If you can tell a lot about a girl from the contents of her purse, what should I know about a 2-year old that carries around a 15 pound boulder? Seriously?!
It doesn't seem right to be building snowmen before carving pumpkins, but we ended up having a small snowstorm the week before Halloween. The kids were all pretty excited. We didn't have anywhere to be, so Matthew, Emily and I put on our snow clothes and went out to play in the snow and build a snowman. I love spending time with these two.
One night we decided to take the kids to a movie. Afterwards we were talking about what to do for dinner. We rarely go out to eat as a family- we like to keep it for special occasions- but we decided it would be fun to take everyone to eat. We tried Fudruckers for the first time- it was a fun little place and the kids were so excited! Especially because they got to choose a drink out of the soda fountain.
One afternoon, we went to visit Jeff at his office. I also had a doctor's appointment, so Jeff told me to just leave Emily with him for the 30 minutes or so that it took. When I got back, Jeff showed me this picture. He had to step out for a few minutes to see a patient, so he just had Emily wait in another waiting room and let her play on an office ipad. Needless to say, she wasn't sad at all. I thought the picture of her in the big exam chair was pretty cute.
Matthew had a pajama party at school one afternoon. I don't know what the deal was- maybe it's because it was around Halloween, but Emily was insistent on wearing her princess dress. She's been pretty excited about them lately. Normally I make her wear normal clothes, but I decided to just let her go in the princess dress. I think it's kind of cute- and these little girls will only love their cute little dress ups for so long.
One more picture from Halloween. Emily and our cute little neighbor Sasha. They were both dressed as princesses for Halloween. Sasha is a little older than Matthew, but she's always been one of Emily's special friends. We just love her.
Jeff got off early one afternoon, so we took the kids to choose pumpkins at the local pumpkin patch. (aka Walmart this year) The real pumpkin patches are fun, but it just seems crazy how much they want for their pumpkins! Walmart had the best deal around, and the kids were excited to choose out the biggest pumpkins they could find. We used the money we saved to get some ice cream- and enjoyed some ice cream cones at home.
This picture cracks me up. I was trying to put together some outfits for family pictures. I was having Matthew try on a couple different things to see what I liked best. You can see from his face how he felt about the whole ordeal. This little boy just melts my heart- even when he's not too happy about what's going on.

















No comments:
Post a Comment