October 2012
We had our good friend Kristie Black do our family pictures this year. But after I got my new Nikon D600, the temptation of wanting to try it out was just too great. So on Sunday afternoon- right after Stake Conference- (which was nice because everyone was ready with hair done anyway) I made everyone go out to do a few more family pictures, just a couple days after Kristie took our original ones- I hadn't even seen them yet. The kids weren't too thrilled about the idea of yet another family picture shoot- but they cooperated once the word 'ice cream' was mentioned.We just went about a mile down the road to a little area with a river and a bridge. I promised everyone it would be a quick session, and it really was. I moved everyone around to a few different areas for some different pictures, and we were out of there in about 30 minutes.
The only problem was that I had forgotten to bring my remote, which meant I was setting the self timer and running back to get into every picture. Being 4 months pregnant & wearing heels, I was definitely feeling it by the end!
I thought everything turned out great. I thought we got some fun pictures, and the kids actually enjoyed being out because it was such a beautiful day and we let them play for a little while afterwards. Actually, we were the ones having to prod to get everyone back into the car because they were having fun outside. We did get everyone back, we had some pictures where everyone was looking, we all enjoyed ice cream, and mom was happy. The end.
Kind of a funny story. When we were finished with pictures, I told Jeff I wanted to get a couple of just the two of us. Emily was cold and wanted to sit in the car that was right there, about 40 feet from where we were taking the pictures. So we just let her stay in the car while we finished up. Well, apparently she decided not too long afterwards that she wanted to get out. Except she didn't know how to open the door and we couldn't hear her calling. Needless to say, she wasn't too happy when we came back after our quick10 minutes. Jeff was trying to make her happy again, and I just took a couple pictures. I thought they were pretty funny and showed that sassy little personality pretty well. We love our Emmers.
















No comments:
Post a Comment