Saturday, March 17, 2012

High Priest Social

Jeff was put in the bishopric, and therefore became a high priest when he was 26 and I was 19. This means we have been going to high priest activities for more than eight years. Jeff is usually the youngest guy there, and I always get picked for the game/participant/embarrassing moment because I happen to be the wife of the youngest high priest.
Our current ward has an exceptionally great high priest group- with lots of couples that we regularly spend time with. This past month, they had a high priest social night. For the first time in a long time, I actually wasn't slightly dreading the activity. Don't get me wrong- I always love spending time with the high priests and their wives- I just got tired of feeling dumb when I was singled out for something silly.
We had a great dinner and played games afterwards. It was an absolute riot! The favorite game of the evening was, "Do You Love Your Neighbor?" Between running around and trading seats, we were dying with laughter. The best moment of the night however, was when someone said they "didn't love anyone with back hair" and Mindy Jensen got up to change seats. Apparently she misheard the statement, but everyone was practically rolling on the floor. I don't think she'll ever live that joke down.
I wish I would have had my camera to take pictures of the evening, but I'll just say it was a very memorable night with lots of good friends and I'm glad we could be a part of it.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Holy cow! I didn't realize Jeff became a high priest when you were only 19! That is so crazy. Well, anyway, you're probably the hottest high priest wife there is. :) I LOVE your blazer. I want one.