On this particular day, Matthew and Emily apparently thought the puddle looked more fun than the slides. Emily started the whole thing, and I about died when I looked and saw her wading though the middle of the biggest puddle around. Of course Matthew immediately joined her and a couple of their friends joined in as well. I ran over and got them out the first time, but the temptation of splashing through the water was just too hard to resist. At that point they were already wet, so I figured I might as well just let them play in the puddle and have fun. When they got cold enough that they were done, I took them home and put them in the bath.
I will admit, it was fun to watch them. They were having a blast-laughing and playing together. This picture pretty much sums up Emily's feelings about the whole thing- pure joy! She was just laughing and giggling the entire time. It's a good thing summer is around the corner- I'm sure we'll put that water to good use!

5 weeks ago
2 comments:
Ah! So fun!! You are one nice mom to let them do this :)
Wow, you are a nice mom. I'm sure they had a blast!
Post a Comment