
It was an exciting first month of scouting for Jacob. At his first Pack Meeting, he received his Bobcat along with the progress toward rank, and a gold bead. They have a fun little ceremony for the boys who get their bobcat award- it involves their mothers and face paint! We get to do all sorts of markings on their face, but we better be nice because in return- they get to put a white stripe down our forehead as well.

Jacob was pretty excited that night. Although I've had moments of reluctance to fully immerse myself in the scouting program (it can take a lot of time!), I've been so pleased watching Jacob get so excited. Even in the short month he's been involved, it's been such a great experience for him. I'm grateful for our wonderful scout leaders and the scouting program. Lets see if I feel the same way when we get to that Eagle scout project!
No comments:
Post a Comment