
In March, Matthew's preschool class took a field trip to a local gymnastics center, and this time I was able to go. It was so fun to go and watch all the preschoolers. There were a couple gymnastics instructors who helped the kids get warmed up, stretched out, and ready for fun on all the equipment.

After showing the kids how to do all the fun different things, they got them going with an 'obstacle course' that included walking across the balance beam, swinging on the rings, jumping on the trampoline, crawling across 'parallel bars', jumping off the vault springboard, etc. The kids had a riot. It did make me laugh watching Matthew- someone he got a little confused on the order of some of the activities, so he just went around to whatever he wanted for a little while.

Emily loved watching the kids and would do everything the instructors told the kids to do. She wanted to be out there having fun too! She was a good little spectator though.

Earlier this month, Matthew was the 'Student of the Week.' I helped him make a cute poster all about him, and I was able to go in to his classroom to read his favorite story to the class. His favorite book was, "The Gingerbread Man" so we also made gingerbread man sugar cookies for everyone. The kids thought it was great! I love having any chance to visit his preschool class, it's so fun to see all the kids. Emily loved it too because she was able to play with all the fun toys while I read the story.

For some reason, I didn't get a copy of the class picture- probably because I didn't order the school pictures. I was, however, able to get a picture of the class photo sheet at Marjorie's house. I'll miss all these cute kids next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment