It's been a hot summer around here. Not just hot, but hot and humid which makes a big difference! It's brought back a lot of memories of muggy Philadelphia summers. It hasn't been uncommon to have days near 100, with humidity taking the heat index temperature ("feels like") to 110-115. On those days, it cools down at night to a balmy 85 degrees. It sure has made running a beast! Some days I've waited to go run until 10pm after dark, and it's still over 90.
Anyway, when it's like this the kids don't even want to run around outside because it's way too hot- so the activity of choice becomes water in all forms- hoses, water fights, water guns, sprinklers, whatever. I wanted to get a little plastic wading pool, but by this time they were out of stock everywhere! While we waited for them to get back in stock at the stores, we improvised with big bowls of water out on the deck. Matthew and Emily loved to sit out on the deck eating popsicles and playing with toys in the big bowls of water.
One afternoon I guess just playing in the water wasn't cutting it for Emily. One minute she was sitting there playing nicely, the next minute this is what I saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment