Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Birthday


I don't know how I got so lucky, but I was completely spoiled on my birthday this year. Best part- Jeff was able to take the day off! It doesn't get much better than that. I'll admit, I started the day off by sleeping in- until like 9:45! I took full advantage of the special day! Sounds pretty lazy, but that pretty much never happens- even on Saturdays I've been up before 6am to run, and it was also the last day of summer vacation. That was probably one the best birthday presents, and I enjoyed it! :)
When I came down, this is what was set up. Jeff made an amazing breakfast with crepes & all the toppings, a huge bowl of gourmet fruit, chocolate mik, grapefruit juice, and donuts. The whole place was set with a cute birthday tablecloth, matching pink cups & utensils, and party hats for everyone.
The kids were so excited about the whole thing they could hardly stand it. They had helped Jeff put the whole thing together and had fun playing with the noise blowers and party hats.

Jeff even had cards that they boys filled out for me. He meant to get birthday cards, but ended up getting RSVP cards instead, but I loved how cute it was when the boys wrote on them. I really loved Caleb's RSVP "I will be there." It still makes me smile.

We did the big birthday breakfast this year instead of a birthday dinner. So to fit with the theme, we skipped cake and did birthday donuts instead, everyone had one donut. Maple bars are my favorite, and they worked with the candles pretty well! It still seems like a pretty big number to be sitting on the donut though. :)
We didn't waste any time getting to the presents. I was fine to wait until that evening, but the kids were ready to open presents right then, so we did- pajamas, no hair done, no makeup and all!
Like I said, totally spoiled! They picked up some fun treats- oreos and captain crunch, a new blow dryer- my last one was about 6 years old and ready to die, a set of pots & pans, some clothes,some pajamas, and a new Garmin GPS! (My old one finally started to give in and wasn't giving accurate readings)

Jeff had arranged for me to go get a manicure and pedicure that afternoon (my very first ones!) but they ended up having to cancel the appointment because they were short on workers. I was already out to go, so I stopped and ran a couple errands and then headed back home. Even though it was a Tuesday night, we had some friends who had our kids come over for a little while so Jeff and I could go out for an early dinner to eat to celebrate. It was the night before the first day of school so we didn't go out real long, but we were able to enjoy a yummy dinner at Texas Roadhouse and get some pants at the store for Jeff on the way home.

We were back pretty early so we could get kids all ready for their first day of school the next day, but it was still a lot of fun. I'm so grateful for a husband who loves me and puts so much effort into a birthday. It was one of the best birthdays ever!
(Jacob's a pretty good photographer, and the kiss photo wasn't planned-Jacob thought that was pretty funny. :)


3 comments:

Annette said...

What a great birthday! Your husband really spoiled you...so sweet :) Happy birthday Angela!

Austin & Shawnee said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous day.

jor johnson said...

Happy Happy birthday :) The cards from the kids are so dang cute!! And what great gifts...esp. that garmin!
Growing up my mom did birthday breakfasts a lot and we loved it.