Monday, August 8, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

We decided to take the kids to a baseball game one summer night. The boys love watching baseball, especially the major league teams- and especially the Phillies. Obviously we don't have that option much anymore, but we thought a local team would be fun too. The day was perfect! Not too hot or too cold, and the stands weren't too crowded either.
Jeff had to work later than expected, so I took the kids up by myself for the first half of the game. It was going great at first, but pretty soon Matthew and Emily decided that sitting there watching a baseball game wasn't as much fun as running all around the place. Jeff still wasn't there, and I'm lucky that Jacob and Caleb can be good sitting by themselves while I keep an eye on these two!
They had a blast running all over the place. They were a little crazy!
I was thrilled when Jeff made it during the 5th inning. Not because I couldn't do it alone, but because I knew Jacob and Caleb would be so excited to sit and watch with him.
Emily was pretty excited to see daddy and wanted to go sit on his lap for almost the rest of the game.


With Emily sitting with Jeff, it let me focus my attention on Matthew. He didn't have too much interest in the game at this point, but he did think it was hilarious to take videos and pictures of himself. Then he would watch them and just laugh and laugh. This kid is pretty dang funny.
By the time we hit the 8th inning, it was pretty late and Matthew and Emily were definitely ready to head home for bed. So I took the two younger kids home a little early while Jeff, Jacob, and Caleb stayed to watch the rest of the game. Our team won and it was a great night!

1 comment:

The Petersons said...

Emily's pink skirt is SO cute!