Tuesday, August 16, 2011

State Fair

Jeff was off early one afternoon so we took the kids out to the state fair. It was fun to go through and see all the farm animals. We were able to watch them being shown and go around and see all the ribbon winning animals. Jacob and Caleb loved the goats.
Emily also found a darling baby goat that wasn't much bigger than a cat. I liked the small cute animals much better than the pigs that's for sure!
After walking around seeing all the animals, we went over to the carnival part of the fair. They're always way over-priced, and sometimes I think it must be a requirement or something for fair workers to have a cigarette in their hands at all time, but we got a few tickets and let the kids pick a few of their favorite rides. I don't know who has more fun, the kids or the parents watching them!
I got lucky and got to take both Caleb and Matthew on the Ferris wheel. I love that ride! Emily's favorite was definitely the bounce house. It's hard to take a picture through a big screen window, but she was in heaven in that place!
Because we were there during the afternoon, the fair wasn't all that busy yet. It was nice because we didn't really have to wait in any lines. Jeff & Matthew took Jacob & Caleb on in the bumper cars. It's a little trickier to bump people when there's only two cars out there, but they had fun and were actually able to drive around.

We finished up our tickets just as the place started to get really busy, and headed home for Caleb's back to school night. It was fun to spend the afternoon together.

No comments: