On Friday, Tami told me about a half marathon she would be running on Saturday to raise money for a girl who had cancer. I thought it sounded fun so I signed up. We left at 6am to drive to the race with her cute friend Melissa. I started getting back into running in February and March, but because of travel, trips, and injuries/illness my running has been on hold for a while. My total mileage for the month of April was about 10 miles, and the longest run I had done was 10 miles about 6 weeks before. Needless to say, it definitely wasn't a PR race, but I still ran it under 2 hours and had a fun, enjoyable run with friends along the rolling hills by the beautiful mountain lake. (I wasn't exactly loving the beauty of the massive hill that ran the entire length of mile 8 though!) It's been a long time since I've run any races and it was fun to be in that atmosphere again- I've missed it. I'm really looking forward to some upcoming races this year!
2 comments:
Great job! I had to diligently train to get my half marathon at 2 hours. You're amazing.
Under 2 hours and no training is AWESOME! You sure have cute running legs :) especially on that nasty mile long hill!
Post a Comment