We were able to return the camera to Costco and got a different point-and-shoot camera that I have LOVED. The 'waterproof' camera was ok, but I wasn't very impressed with the quality of the pictures. The camera we ended up getting instead (Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7) is awesome! You can definitely tell a difference in the photos- the photo quality is excellent. All the great pictures from this trip were taken with that little point & shoot camera. The photos are good enough I don't even have to edit them if I don't want to. It also takes great HD movies. It was a little more than the other camera, but it's been worth every penny. If you're looking for a new point and shoot camera, I definitely recommend this one! (Note: I did notice that on Amazon this baby sells for $389. We definitely didn't pay that- we got ours at Costco for $229)
After boogie boarding at Hanalei we stopped at Costco to get the new camera, and eat our picnic lunch. We stopped at the Menehune Ponds, and then headed to Poipu Beach to do some more boogie boarding. Actually for Jeff to do some boogie boarding, the waves were HUGE that day. After watching many of the locals get pounded, I decided I would enjoy the sun and sand and just watch. Definitely a good choice. There was also a nice little hike up to a cliff that overlooked the beach, it was so cool to watch the waves pound against the rocks.
Tuesday was Jeff's 34th birthday! We've decided Hawaii is a great place to celebrate birthdays! We left early that morning to get some breakfast and then try out some more beaches. There are tons of beaches all over Kauai! Our first stop was to Tunnels beach where we were hoping to do some snorkeling. Unfortunately the waves were still pretty big, so snorkeling was out, but we still enjoyed the water.
Tunnels beach is the place where part of 'South Pacific' was filmed, and many people probably recognize the 'Bali Hai' peak in the background. It was a beautiful beach. We enjoyed taking a long walk down the shore collecting shells, coral, and just enjoying the beautiful scenery. Kauai is one of the least commercialized islands so it was never very crowded. In fact, most of the time we were pretty much to ourselves. It was awesome!



That afternoon we stopped at a quaint little farmers market. It was fun to visit with some of the local vendors and try out all sorts of new, interesting fruit-some better than others. We picked up a few items, but mainly just enjoyed the atmosphere. It was fun to watch all the people. We also stopped at Anini Beach on Tuesday afternoon and were finally able to get in some snorkeling. It's been long enough that I start to hyperventilate when I first put my face in the water, but I got used to it and we had fun looking at the beautiful fish and sea animals.

Tuesday night partially to celebrate Jeff's birthday, we went to a dinner/Luau. It was fun to learn that it was actually a family from the branch we had attended on Sunday that did the luau. They even did a special 'happy birthday' number for Jeff. The food was great and the entertainment was amazing! Our favorite definitely had to be the fire dances . It was a great evening.



After boogie boarding at Hanalei we stopped at Costco to get the new camera, and eat our picnic lunch. We stopped at the Menehune Ponds, and then headed to Poipu Beach to do some more boogie boarding. Actually for Jeff to do some boogie boarding, the waves were HUGE that day. After watching many of the locals get pounded, I decided I would enjoy the sun and sand and just watch. Definitely a good choice. There was also a nice little hike up to a cliff that overlooked the beach, it was so cool to watch the waves pound against the rocks.
1 comment:
Yay.....good for you guys! Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment