Random thoughts about KAUI:
1- Hawaii definitely isn't the place for a great hair day. The humidity pretty much turned my hair into a big poofy frizzball for the whole trip. I only used my curling iron/straightener twice during our 9-day stay there & you couldn't tell anyway. The good news was that you didn't have to spend much time getting ready! I would pretty much wash my hair and pull it back out of my face. I definitely loved the quick & simple!
2- Sunburns cause swelling. I was pretty good about the sunscreen-but I hardly ever put it on my legs. Normally it's not a problem, I don't really burn, but the sun in Hawaii is strong! My legs were pretty swollen for the whole week- the swelling finally started to go down the last day. I wasn't loving the 'cankles' look. :) Next time, apply more sunscreen to legs! Another note- sunburns also cause cold sores.
3- Kauai is covered with CHICKENS! Apparently back during a hurricane, chickens were blown all over and to this day they are everywhere! Seriously! They're at every beach, and even at the top of the Waimea Canyon! The roosters are beautiful, and the baby chicks are so cute. At church, they told all the visitors- "do us a favor, take home a chicken!". It was pretty entertaining to watch them all over the island.
4- I've heard many other people say it, and I agree- Kauai is my favorite Hawaiian island. I know I haven't been to all of them, but Kauai is the least populated so there really aren't tons and tons of people. There is so much to do-even with 9 days, there was still a ton of things we didn't see and do. And the entire island is absolutely gorgeous- Waimea Canyon, Napali Coast, I could go on and on. I sure hope we can go back some day, I would love to take our kids!
6 comments:
Just did a catch up on your blog (and caught Cory up too :)) and wow! You have been busy! So glad you finally got a trip with just Jeff, and your new home is beautiful! Cory just looked on fb and told me where you are moving....you are brave. :) Hope the move goes well!
I'm just drooling as I read about your vacation! It looks like you guys had so much fun, and I'm glad that you guys were able to have so much time to yourself. (My question...remember those running mornings...did you were a bikini?)
wear...I mean wear...
Holy smokes, a lot has happened since Emily's birthday! How exciting that you got to go to Hawaii! That is awesome. I am totally jealous. Sounds like it was such a fun trip! How nice that you got to take such a cool trip without the kiddos! You guys deserve it.
I'm so excited for you that you found a new house! It looks great! I love the kitchen and wood floors, and big yard, and you will love living on a coul de sac! It looks very nice. I'm happy for you and Jeff and glad that everything is working out so well for your family.
Annette- yes, I took some 'fun' swimwear. :) However, because my children, and other family see our blog, I'm selective in the photos I put up. ;)
love this post. so happy that you guys got to go on such a great trip and love the house! congrats!!
Post a Comment