I left on Sunday to get back to our kids. Jeff had some work things he needed to take care of, then he got back late Monday night. He ended up having to work another day this week, but for the most part, we spent the week enjoying family.
Monday, the kids and I spent most of the day with Aunt Amanda and cousins. We played, had dinner, and enjoyed a wonderful family home evening lesson from Danielle. I love it when the kids get to play. They have so much fun together. I think our kids are so lucky to have so many cousins close in ages. Jacob & Eliza are 16 days apart, Caleb & Tommy are 7.5 months apart, and Matthew & Gideon are exactly 2 weeks apart. The kids have a blast with all their cousins. I only wish we were closer so we could get together more often.
On Tuesday, Amanda and I were able to fit in a run together while sweet Grandma Stevens took some of the kids to 'Tangled'. Talk about superwoman! The kids had a lot of fun together.
That night, Mom Stevens did a special early birthday dinner for Jeff. Gina & kids came into town, and Greg and Amy made it over as well. The dinner was wonderful and we finished off the night with an amazing strawberry short cake with homemade whipped cream. We definitely need to celebrate more birthdays with Mom! Everyone enjoyed visiting together and playing games to finish off the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment